ACGME Sleep Fellowship
How To Apply
The fellowship program values diversity and strongly encourages applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our fellowship program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and therefore applicants need to submit their application through the ERAS system. We will be participating in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). After we receive your completed application including three supporting letters, your file will be reviewed and you will be notified regarding the advisability of an interview. The requirements include:
- M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME-certified internal medicine, neurology, psychiatry, or pediatrics residency program sponsored by a major university in the United States or Canada
- For graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada, appropriate certification by the USMLE/FLEX
- Licensed by the State of Illinois at the beginning of the fellowship
The following documents need to be submitted to our program electronically through the ERAS system:
- Curriculum Vitae and a Personal Statement that delineates your career plans and gives us a brief biography
- Copies of your USMLE or COMLEX Scores
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate if you are a foreign medical graduate
- Three letters of recommendation
- A letter from your Residency Program Director stating that you have successfully completed (or are on track to complete) all of the requirements of that program.
We encourage early application through ERAS. We will interview applicants from mid-July till early October. Applicants invited to an interview spend the day with faculty and fellows. Applicants meet with several members of the fellowship program, enjoy lunch and a tour of our clinical and research facilities, and sit in on a conference and a session of polysomnogram interpretation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our training program. Inquiries concerning the fellowship program should be directed to Dr. Babak Mokhlesi.
Director, Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program:
Babak Mokhlesi, M.D.
Sleep Medicine Fellowship Coordinator:
Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
The University of Chicago
5841 South Maryland Avenue,
MC 6092, MC 6076/Room W652
Chicago, IL 60637