Overview – Geriatrics
ACGME Fellowship Program
The Geriatrics Fellowship Program at The University of Chicago is led by Fellowship Director, Dr. Katherine Thompson, Assistant Professor of Medicine. Fellows may train in one of the following programs:
- Clinical Geriatric Medicine (Year 1)
- Geriatric Oncology Combined Program (Geriatric Medicine Year 1)
- Optional 2nd and 3rd year research in Geriatric Medicine (Years 2 and 3 with an emphasis on research)
All clinical training programs meet the requirements of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Minimum requirements for admission to our program include:
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME-certified Internal Medicine or Family Practice Residency Program
- U.S. citizen, Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of the U.S.
Due to NIH requirements, individuals who do not meet these criteria are not eligible for our fellowship programs.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada, require certification by the USMLE/FLEX