Thirty-four Department of Medicine physicians were named to the “Chicago Top Doctors” list in the annual ranking by Chicago magazine (January 2017) . Honorees were nominated by physicians nationwide who were asked to consider such factors as clinical excellence, bedside manner, education and board certification.
Chicago magazine worked with the health care and information research firm Castle Connolly Medical to create the list.
The 2018 Chicago magazine Top Doctors from the Department of Medicine are:
- Section of Cardiology: Drs. Michael Davidson, James Liao and Matthew Sorrentino
- Section of Dermatology: Dr. Christopher Shea
- Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism: Drs. David Ehrmann and Louis Philipson
- Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition: Drs. Carol Semrad, Helen Te and Irving Waxman
- Section of Geriatrics/Palliative Medicine: Drs. Daniel Brauner and Stacie Levine
- Section of General Internal Medicine: Drs. Diane Altkorn, Deborah Burnet, Kamala Cotts, Mindy Schwartz, Mark Siegler, and Monica Vela
- Section of Hematology/Oncology: Drs. Joseph Baron, Michael Bishop,Suzanne Conzen, Gini Fleming, Philip Hoffman, Andrzej Jakubowiak, Hedy Kindler, Richard Larson, Funmi Olopade, Jyoti Patel, Mark Ratain, Sonali Smith , Walter Stadler, Wendy Stock and Everett Vokes ,
- Section of Pulmonary /Critical Care: Dr. Edward Garrity
- Section of Rheumatology: Dr. James Curran